Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wasteful Wednesday- FINAL DEMAND

I was planning on writing today about the 3 appointments scheduled back to back on Monday (the doctor's office scheduled testing and then to see the doctor right afterwards) that lasted almost 4 hours instead of the planned 90 minutes. However, when I got home today from two more back to back appointments for Talli I saw a letter in the mail from the hospital. A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the ongoing saga of the hospital billing department.
Today, the letter stated it was a "FINAL DEMAND" (caps and bold are theirs) on a bill for 3/11/2011. "We have been unsuccessful in our attempts to reach you and discuss your balance." Hmmm, the letter is dated 9/6/2011 and the only time I have gone without a working cell phone (my home phone rings to my cell phone) is the past 2 hours when I somehow lost the back of the phone and the battery and September 7th when I my cell phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet, however, my voicemail is working just fine.
It goes on to say how they are sending me to collection if the balance of $3,806.25 is not paid within 10 days. Wow! Isn't that two days from now!
So much for the head of billing who is actually a hospital employee rather than a contractor fixing everything for me.
I will be calling the patient advocate office again.
I sometimes wonder when I get to parent vs. running around in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment