Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wasteful Wednesday- bills and bills

I received another billing statement from the genetics labs for amino acids. They listed our insurance and Talli's Medicaid on the statement AND we were just in clinic, so I know they have the information. So I called. This was a brief call only lasting 5 minutes. It could have been longer as they have a voice prompt system and I rarely can get my kids to be quiet during business hours to not be picked up, but they were quiet.
The billing person took a while to find the claim I was calling about. She said it was billed to Medicaid the same day the statement was sent out. So, I guess this is why I get a bill every month-- they are billing me at the same time they are billing Medicaid. It seems as though their time would be saved as well as mine if they waited even 10 days to send these out. However, I am guessing some percentage of people will pay the claim because they got a bill with statements implying that action would be taken if you do not pay within 30 days of the claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment